We are open for dental care and remain committed to your health and safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control protocols are maintained to assure your safety and comfort.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA) the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the numbers of patients in the reception area at any one time.
At your appointment…
- PLEASE SHOW UP ON TIME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. As we manage our schedule to allow for social distancing it is imperative you are timely for your appointment. If you arrive before your scheduled appointment time we ask that you remain in your vehicle.
- PLEASE WEAR A MASK. You will wear it into the office and until you are informed by your provider to take it off for treatment. If you are moving throughout the office you will be asked to put your mask back on. Upon check out for your appointment your mask must be worn.
- YOU WILL HAVE YOUR TEMPERATURE CHECKED BEFORE ANY TREATMENT IS DONE
- PLEASE BRUSH AND FLOSS BEFORE YOU ARRIVE. We cannot allow for spitting into our public sinks in the restrooms.
- YOU WILL USE AN ANTISEPTIC PRE RINSE BEFORE YOUR EXAM OR PROCEDURE.
- PLEASE COME IN ALONE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. Exceptions will be made for parents accompanying children or caretakers accompanying the patient.
- THE AIR CONDITIONING WILL BE ON HIGH TO KEEP OUR STAFF COOL WHILE WEARING ADDITIONAL LAYERS OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE). Please come prepared with a sweater or sweatshirt.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment please call the office at 207-878-3540. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients.